Cancer Prevention - General Guidelines.
Despite scientific proof for genetic mutations as causative factors, it is the complex overlay of lifestyle and protective or risk factors that play a key role in triggering cancers
Cancer prevention strategies entail certain actions for altering causative or genetic risk factors –
- Following a set of Lifestyle and Dietary guidelines.
- Tackling Risk factors. For instance, Avoiding various carcinogens or controlling their metabolism if ingested accidentally.
- Adopting Protective factors. There are general and specific protective factors for each cancer type.
- Strategies to Detect Precancerous Conditions Early and removal. For example, Cervical Pap smears and removal of Precancerous cervical conditions.
- Medical intervention also called Chemoprevention: There are medicines to treat a precancerous condition or to keep cancer from starting.